The first sketch just displays 3 dimensional scatter plots, histogramms and some sort of what in statistics is called standard deviation.
- On the gound plan, the sample images are displayed.
- The black point clouds represent every pixel at their position in the color cube. The red value is defining the x-coordinate, green and blue y and z respectively.
- The bounding box around that point cloud shows the extent with the stroke color representing its longest side.
- Along the edges of the pictures, the corresponding histograms are being displayed.
- The height of rectangle standing upright at the back of the picture represents the standard deviation. A high value results in a strong contrast.
- The black diagonal is the gray line going from black (0,0,0) to white (255,255,255).